Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will find the info about our adventures fun and useful! This page is meant to be an overview of fun things within Utah that we have actually tried. I try to include links to websites for each place if possible and I include any information I think is relevant. Hopefully this will give you some fun ideas of places to go and things to see in Utah. Feel free to use the list on the left to narrow your search by category. I update my blog regularly with new adventures and ideas for fun, so check back often!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Kangaroo Zoo

This is one of my very favorite places to go with Sam right now. Kangaroo Zoo is located in Pleasant Grove about 2 minutes from the freeway. They also have locations in North Salt Lake and Ogden. I haven't been to the other locations, but I can definitely vouch for the one in Pleasant Grove.

Basically, this place is a big gym/warehouse that is filled with various blow-up jungle gyms. They have a good variety of jungle gyms, so even the younger children (under 3) can enjoy it. 

I have gone there several times with Sam since moving here and he has gotten braver each time. He is now at the point that he can go on pretty much any of the bouncing house and slides, some of which go all the way to the ceiling! 

This is the toddler jungle gym that is still one of Sam's favorites. They have age limits posted on the ones that are for smaller children, and mostly the bigger children stay off of them.



 There is also a little space for kids ages 2 and under that is completely enclosed, but it only has a few toys in it. Somehow Sam always ends up over there though. He uses it as a nice place to take a break when he's tired of jumping.

Some features I really like about Kangaroo Zoo:
1. It's completely enclosed. There is only one way my child could escape, so it's easy for me to watch for him without having to hover. 
2. It's nice mom time. I love this place for play dates because my friends and I can let our kids just run around while we sit at the tables or the comfy couches and talk. I also love it if I just need some time to myself that doesn't involve chasing an energetic toddler around (which I have definitely needed more of lately as I near the end of my pregnancy). 
3. The price is right.* For children 2 and under who are going to be jumping, it's $5 per time and the jumping time is unlimited. There is no charge for adults if you plan on just watching, so for our current situation it's perfect.
4.It's good for kids of all ages. My 2 year old loves this place, but I have seen children ages 8+ that also have a blast. There are some really tall slides and some fun obstacle courses that the older children seem to really get into. 

*The price might be a little more challenging for me if I had older/ more children. Children above the age of 3 are $8.99 per time, so that would add up quickly. We receive coupons about twice a month in the mail for $2 off the normal admission price which would make it only $6.99, and they are good for 2 kids, so that might help those of you who would like to check it out some time but don't want to pay full price. They also have this coupon on their website right now.

During the summer, they ran a "bounce back" promotion that allowed you to pay half-price for admission if you came back within 14 days. We did that a couple of times and I loved only paying $2.50 for hours of fun! (As far as I can tell, that promotion is over for now but will be coming back next summer.)

Some other things to be aware of: 
1. Bring socks for both you and your child. They don't allow any shoes in the jumping area, even if you are just watching. I prefer not to go barefoot (though that's an option if you forget socks), so I always bring socks for myself. The kids have to have socks if they are going to jump so you will have to buy some there if you forget to bring them.
2. No outside food/ drinks. They allow water if it is in a non-store-brand water bottle. There is also a water fountain there. I almost always sneak in some outside snacks for Sam and I and I haven't gotten in trouble for it yet. I'm just careful about how I eat it and the mess it might make. If you would like, they have snacks available to purchase there as well. 

As always, check out their website for more info!
http://www.kangaroozoo.net/



1 comment:

  1. Callan, this is a great idea. Thanks for all of the tips...and I love all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete