Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will find the info about our adventures fun and useful! This page is meant to be an overview of fun things within Utah that we have actually tried. I try to include links to websites for each place if possible and I include any information I think is relevant. Hopefully this will give you some fun ideas of places to go and things to see in Utah. Feel free to use the list on the left to narrow your search by category. I update my blog regularly with new adventures and ideas for fun, so check back often!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hee Haw Farms in Pleasant Grove, UT

I'm still pregnant, which means I needed a good excuse to walk around and let Sam get out of the house for a little while. (My nesting urges have definitely kicked in and we've been spending a lot of time cleaning everything in our house.) I thought it would be fun to check out another farm on our list! After all, most of these farms will close at the end of the month, so we only have a short window to explore them. 

Enter: Hee Haw Farms in Pleasant Grove, UT. 


This farm is typically only open from 4-10pm on weekdays and 10am-11pm on Saturdays, but since it is Fall Break for many of the schools around here, they were open all day today. We took advantage of that and went at 10:15. There were a few people there but it definitely wasn't crowded.  

We paid an entrance fee of $6 for me, and Sam was free because he was under 3 years old. 


The farm was a little run-down, but it had a lot of fun things to offer.


This neat little goat walk was fun for Sam to watch. The goats climbed across the little platforms and if they came up to the fence, you could feed them. 


They had a massive potato sack slide. Sam surprised me by going down it by himself with no hesitation! It was pretty fast, though, so he didn't want to go on it again. Lots of the bigger kids liked this slide. 


They had several tractors sitting around the farm that kids were allowed to climb on. This definitely appealed to my vehicle-loving 2 year old. 


This little train was fun as well. Sam went on it several times with his friend Charlie. 


They also offered pony rides for a dollar extra. Sam had never ridden a pony, so I opted to pay the dollar just to see how he would react. He loved it. It was a pretty short ride, but I only paid a dollar so I couldn't complain. 

Sam's friend, Charlie.

They also had several animals to pet or feed. These goats were in a large pen that they allowed the children and parents to go into. (You could also pay a dollar to get some feed for the goats if you wanted to.) 


Sam and Charlie were content to run around and pet the goats. The goats were super mild mannered and were obviously very use to children. 


The other animals included pigs (including a mom with her brand new piglets), chickens, ducks, and cows. Sam has come to love seeing the "mamimals" each time we go to a farm, so he was pretty excited about these. 


They had several other things that I didn't get a picture of like bean bag toss, a corn pit, more tube slides, a place to eat, and a hay ride. They also have some additional attractions if you would like to pay more money.

 Overall, this trip to the farm was a success. I loved the variety of things they had to offer and Sam definitely had a fun time.

 In comparison Jakers Jack O Lanterns, I think I like Jakers better for a few reasons.
1. Jakers is free. Always a plus.
2. Jakers seemed cleaner and neater than Hee Haw. I know that farms aren't meant to be "clean" necessarily, but it's nice that at Jakers, I didn't feel like I had to worry about Sam stepping in puddles of unidentifiable liquid or manure. Sam definitely got dirtier at Hee Haw just from the sheer amount of dirt and dust that was on everything (though I'm sure he didn't mind).

Both farms had animals, corn pits, hay rides, slides, and mazes, so the fact that Jakers is free tips it their direction for me.

Either way, it was worth a fun morning out. Sam loved getting up close with the animals and getting covered head to foot in dirt!

Keep in mind: When trying to find Hee Haw Farms, Google Maps took us to the wrong place. Follow the directions Hee Haw gives you on their website, if not you'll end up in some residential neighborhood. (A car behind us did the exact same thing!)

Check out their website for more info: http://www.heehawfarms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment