Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will find the info about our adventures fun and useful! This page is meant to be an overview of fun things within Utah that we have actually tried. I try to include links to websites for each place if possible and I include any information I think is relevant. Hopefully this will give you some fun ideas of places to go and things to see in Utah. Feel free to use the list on the left to narrow your search by category. I update my blog regularly with new adventures and ideas for fun, so check back often!

Monday, September 29, 2014

UTA Trax

Sam is at the point in toddlerhood where all things that move are fascinating to him. He loves cars, trucks, planes, trains, and buses. Naturally, I thought he might like going on the UTA Trax train for a little ride. This summer, we went with my Aunt and my Mom to Salt Lake City using the Trax, which was not only convenient and fun for Sam, but saved us the trouble of having to find somewhere to park or pay for parking.

The Trax and Frontrunner trains go all the way from Provo to Ogden now, with many connections throughout the Salt Lake City area. A round trip ticket costs $5 for an adult, and up to 2 children age 5 and under can ride for free with a paying adult. This price works great for our budget since riding the train is a fun activity for Sam and we also save on gas and parking, but it would get a little pricey if you have older kids or more adults riding. 


Trax isn't super practical if you are in a time crunch or need to go somewhere that would be a long walk from the Trax station. It works great for the destination spots in Salt Lake City like the Gateway or City Creek Malls, Temple Square, and various stadiums or theaters. 

We brought Sam's stroller with us which was a bit of a hassle to carry up and down the steps, and it got the way a little when the train got more crowded, but overall it was doable. Sam had a lot of fun not sitting in a car seat since he never gets to travel like that. We'll probably plan another Trax trip soon and I'll let you know how that goes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment