Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will find the info about our adventures fun and useful! This page is meant to be an overview of fun things within Utah that we have actually tried. I try to include links to websites for each place if possible and I include any information I think is relevant. Hopefully this will give you some fun ideas of places to go and things to see in Utah. Feel free to use the list on the left to narrow your search by category. I update my blog regularly with new adventures and ideas for fun, so check back often!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Tracy Aviary

When we found out that we were moving back to Utah, I started looking around for fun things to do with toddlers. I came across the Pass of All Passes through 7 Peaks and knew that we had to invest in some of those! I love having passes to go places because it opens to many options up for me as a stay at home mom. 

One of the things we got to do with our pass was visit the Tracy Aviary in Salt Lake City. The Aviary is housed in one of Salt Lake City's largest parks, Liberty Park. It is full of a large variety of birds and some fun things to do with the kids. Sam enjoyed seeing all of the birds, but sometimes it was difficult for him to spot them due to the size of their habitats. 

His favorite part of the visit was this little tree house in the section with the owls. He spent probably 20 minutes going up and down the ramp and the steps. 


He also liked seeing the water birds like the ducks and the swans since those were more on his level and easy to spot. 



I imagine the aviary would be best suited for older children ages 4 and up as they could probably appreciate it more and would be able to see the birds. We went on a Tuesday because Tuesdays are free with the Pass of All Passes. There were quite a few people there (also using their passes) but we were able to see all that we wanted to see without feeling overcrowded. 

If you don't have a pass, it's $7 for adults, $6 for kids ages 13+, $5 for children 3-13, and free for 2 and under. If I had a large family and didn't have the Pass of All Passes, I'm not sure I would feel it was worth the money. It was fun to go, but unless your kids are really into birds it wasn't super exciting. They do have event days and some live shows, so perhaps if you planned it right it could be a neat experience for the whole family. 

Check out their website for more info:
http://www.tracyaviary.org/


No comments:

Post a Comment