Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you will find the info about our adventures fun and useful! This page is meant to be an overview of fun things within Utah that we have actually tried. I try to include links to websites for each place if possible and I include any information I think is relevant. Hopefully this will give you some fun ideas of places to go and things to see in Utah. Feel free to use the list on the left to narrow your search by category. I update my blog regularly with new adventures and ideas for fun, so check back often!

Monday, October 6, 2014

University Mall in Orem, UT

Sometimes on days when we can't think of anything to do but I want to get out of the house, Sam and I end up at the University Mall in Orem, UT.  My husband and I are in the "poor students" category right now, so I don't go to the mall to actually shop there, but it can be a fun place to walk around or play with Sam! Sam is familiar with this mall because of the cool dinosaur play place. 

 In the northwest corner of the mall (near the See's Candies and H&M entrance), there is a fun little play place for younger kids. Sam and I usually grab a snack from the food court and then come down to this area and he has fun running from place to place and sliding down the slide.


Overall, it's a pretty minimal little play area. It has a slide and a little treehouse, as well as a dinosaur for kids to climb on. I've seen older kids play there, but typically children ages 6 months-4 years seem to have the most fun. 

There is lots of seating around the play area for parents to watch their children and the play place is generally out of the way from other stores or high-traffic areas. We've tried playing at a couple of other malls (like the Provo Town Centre) and while there are some fun things to do there, the University Mall is Sam's (and therefore my) favorite. 

You should check it out sometime on a day when the weather is bad or you aren't feeling too adventurous but would like something new and free to do with your little one(s). 

Here is their website!
http://www.shopuniversitymall.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment